Crested Butte, CO is a small town about two and half hours away from Aspen. I originally visited this town about 11 years ago, when I was looking for a winter trip. I was flipping through a magazine when I ran across a page that had top 10 ski destinations & Crested Butte was number 5 on the list and also the closest to me in Houston. This small town is undeveloped and it has a sort of whimsical feel to it. It has no chain restaurants, no red lights, just breathtaking views and dog loving people, (which are the best).
Over the years I have discovered great food, great tours and must see’s I have to share with you.
- The Last Steep Bar & grill
- Mcgills Cafe (breakfast fav)
- Slogars (All you can eat fried chicken)
- Brick oven Pizzeria
- Donita’s Cantina (Mexican Restaurant)
- Avalanche Bar & Grill
Things to do:
- Kebler Pass (The scenic road that connects Aspen to Crested Butte)